Greetings from Savannah, Georgia
With a LOT of help from the man upstairs and very little help from Mother Nature, we left Fort Wayne and drove all the way to Savannah. Through snow and ice we finally made it in one piece to our new home.
I'm slowly finding out that living so close to the ocean, while it's beautiful, it's a bit more expensive for the pocket book. Plus, there's this wierd smell that reminds me of New Jersey. Of course, Chris keeps telling me that Savannah is just like Cape May only warmer temps and less snow. That makes me laugh. Seriously though, when you come to visit and you wake up in the morning to an unusual odor, it's not us...it's the marshy wetlands you encounter while living on the coast. (let me insert an official apology to any in-laws I may or may not offend with my New Jersey reference....no harm intended, just stating a fact)
Regardless, we are slowly settling in and adjusting to our new environment. Matthew appears to like his school, his teachers, and the uniforms that they wear. I found it fun to watch the girls fight over him sitting next to them in class. What can I say, I make good lookin' babes. Matthew has already met several boys in the neighborhood who seem to come over every afternoon looking for him to play. This in itself is a blessing. As Matthew's Mom, I stress over him making friends, being treated fairly, and fitting in. Well, I can check all that worry OFF my list. He's doing great! Now, if we could only catch up on adding mixed numbers and fractions without common denominators, well, we'd be ahead of the game. It will come. We found out yesterday that Matthew's math and science teacher is married to Chris' mechanic at the landfill. MMMmmmm.....I guess we'll have the inside scoop on what's going on with him, huh? As Chris says, sometimes it's good to be the boss.
Chris seems to be fitting in and adjusting to his new surroundings at work as well. His new boss is happy to have him and his staff seems pleased. I find it funny that he's been in this business for over 10 years and been with this company for 95% of that time and yet, because he's new to this area, he still has to go through new hire training. Ha Ha, at this point, I think he could teach the class. It is nice though to finally see a sparkle in his eye. I want nothing more than for him to be happy with his job. And I can't complain, because of him working so hard, I'm still able to be home with Matthew.
Being a stay at home mom has been an adjustment. It's taken me awhile to accept that I now contribute to the household in other ways instead of financially. At first, that was a hard pill to swallow but now, well now I love it. I love being the last person Matthew sees as he walks into school. I love being the first person to hear about his day when I pick him up. I love that I have the time to take care of the little things that get lost when you're trying to work. I love that I have time to fix a good meal for my boys each night. I love that I'm not so totally exhausted at the end of the day so I have the energy to enjoy my family. I love that I can take care of everything and Chris can go to work and do his job without worrying about what's needed at home. I can't thank Chris enough for this wonderful opportunity that he's given me. And while I may worry (cause I never do that, right?), I know deep down that this is where I belong and that my family is and will always be taken care of.
So, for anyone looking for a beach getaway at an affordable price, well, I know this little place in Sugar Mill Plantation. There's a room with a large window that looks out over the backyard. With the room rental comes breakfast each morning, hot coffee, a hot meal for dinner, and lots of southern hospitality. If you're lucky enough, on you're visit, you may even be treated to an evening out at The Crab Shack, Uncle Bubba's, or maybe even The Lady & Sons (yeah, that's Paula Deen's restaurant). Reservations are being accepted but you'd better book early as I'm certain since we are back on the coast...we'll have a few more visitors than we did when we were out In the Middle....
Come on by ya'll, we'd love to see ya!
I'm slowly finding out that living so close to the ocean, while it's beautiful, it's a bit more expensive for the pocket book. Plus, there's this wierd smell that reminds me of New Jersey. Of course, Chris keeps telling me that Savannah is just like Cape May only warmer temps and less snow. That makes me laugh. Seriously though, when you come to visit and you wake up in the morning to an unusual odor, it's not us...it's the marshy wetlands you encounter while living on the coast. (let me insert an official apology to any in-laws I may or may not offend with my New Jersey reference....no harm intended, just stating a fact)
Regardless, we are slowly settling in and adjusting to our new environment. Matthew appears to like his school, his teachers, and the uniforms that they wear. I found it fun to watch the girls fight over him sitting next to them in class. What can I say, I make good lookin' babes. Matthew has already met several boys in the neighborhood who seem to come over every afternoon looking for him to play. This in itself is a blessing. As Matthew's Mom, I stress over him making friends, being treated fairly, and fitting in. Well, I can check all that worry OFF my list. He's doing great! Now, if we could only catch up on adding mixed numbers and fractions without common denominators, well, we'd be ahead of the game. It will come. We found out yesterday that Matthew's math and science teacher is married to Chris' mechanic at the landfill. MMMmmmm.....I guess we'll have the inside scoop on what's going on with him, huh? As Chris says, sometimes it's good to be the boss.
Chris seems to be fitting in and adjusting to his new surroundings at work as well. His new boss is happy to have him and his staff seems pleased. I find it funny that he's been in this business for over 10 years and been with this company for 95% of that time and yet, because he's new to this area, he still has to go through new hire training. Ha Ha, at this point, I think he could teach the class. It is nice though to finally see a sparkle in his eye. I want nothing more than for him to be happy with his job. And I can't complain, because of him working so hard, I'm still able to be home with Matthew.
Being a stay at home mom has been an adjustment. It's taken me awhile to accept that I now contribute to the household in other ways instead of financially. At first, that was a hard pill to swallow but now, well now I love it. I love being the last person Matthew sees as he walks into school. I love being the first person to hear about his day when I pick him up. I love that I have the time to take care of the little things that get lost when you're trying to work. I love that I have time to fix a good meal for my boys each night. I love that I'm not so totally exhausted at the end of the day so I have the energy to enjoy my family. I love that I can take care of everything and Chris can go to work and do his job without worrying about what's needed at home. I can't thank Chris enough for this wonderful opportunity that he's given me. And while I may worry (cause I never do that, right?), I know deep down that this is where I belong and that my family is and will always be taken care of.
So, for anyone looking for a beach getaway at an affordable price, well, I know this little place in Sugar Mill Plantation. There's a room with a large window that looks out over the backyard. With the room rental comes breakfast each morning, hot coffee, a hot meal for dinner, and lots of southern hospitality. If you're lucky enough, on you're visit, you may even be treated to an evening out at The Crab Shack, Uncle Bubba's, or maybe even The Lady & Sons (yeah, that's Paula Deen's restaurant). Reservations are being accepted but you'd better book early as I'm certain since we are back on the coast...we'll have a few more visitors than we did when we were out In the Middle....
Come on by ya'll, we'd love to see ya!

No comments:
Post a Comment