Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's finally clicked...


Tybee Island, Georgia
 Over the past week I had the pleasure of enjoying the company of my parents and oldest neice.  I was so nervous on the day they were traveling to Savannah due to all the tornados that hit North Carolina.  I called my Dad that day to discuss with him the trek ahead and he seemed calm and fine with it, me, well, I was a nervous wreck.  I had the weather channel on and was tracking their route on mapquest.  I remember the prayer I silently said while watching the storms blast through Raleigh.

Heavenly Father, I ask you today to please be with my family while they travel through these storms.  Protect them in the shadow of you hand and keep them safe.  Help them to arrive  here in Savannah relaxed and unaware of the seriousness of what they are traveling through.  I thank you Lord for all you have done for me and thank you for hearing my prayer, my request, my plea for safety.  All honor and glory is yours, Amen.

I have good news to report, they arrived at 1:15am in one piece.  It wasn't until the next morning that I told my folks just what they had driven through.  I put on the weather channel and they stared in awe at the pictures.  My mom was flabergasted at what they dodged.  I didn't tell them what my prayer was but as my folks were telling me that they drove through Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina moments before the twisters and then drove through Dunn, North Carolina moments after the storms, it appears that they were kept safe in the middle.  I smiled inside myself knowing that my prayer had been answered.  God hads protected them with the shadow of his hand for the entire trip.  They couldn't have timed their travels any better...and I personally feel they were timed so perfectly due to someone else having a hand in all the arrangements.  While it may have been a looonnnggggeeerrr trip then they intended, the fact is, they arrived safely.


Dad and Matthew at One Eyed Lizzy's on the River Walk
 I had a great time showing my parents around Savannah.  It was a good week and for the most part, all of us, including the two children, got along.  I've been trying since we moved to Savannah to find the happiness that Chris has.  Not that I don't like the area, I just haven't clicked with it yet.  But, I had a moment on the beach with my folks, Matthew, and Meagan all down at the water.  I sat back in my beach chair, took a deep breath, and released it to God.  I looked around at my surroundings and suddenly felt very blessed.  Blessed to be able to live in an area with so much to offer.  Blessed to live in an area close enough to the beach that I can spend the summer with Matthew at the shore.  Blessed to live in an area with a church that we have fallen in love with.  Blessed to have a husband who loves his job even on the worst days because he's able to do what he wants to do in life, what he enjoys doing.  Blessed to be in an area that gives me the opportunity to spend family time down at the river.  I am blessed to have it all, right here where God has placed us.  Between the river and the ocean, I'm home.  It's a shame that it's taken me this many months to see it.  But, the more I think about it, the more I realize, that was God's plan all along.  He guided me, nurtured me, comforted me and then showed me.  When he knew I was ready, he gave me the glimmer I needed to shake me outta my funk and realize, this is home.  I was excited to share this revelation with Chris.  He just smiled and I could see his shoulders start to relax.  He told me that he's felt this was home all along.  He knew back in the fall of 2009 after he interviewed for a different company in Georgia that we would ultimately end up here.  He also shared with me that he knew I'd come around once I took a deep breath and looked around.  He's amazing to have so much patience and confidence in me.  I do love him so.


Mom and Meagan at One Eyed Lizzy's on the River Walk
 Our family is so blessed.  I took great pride in showing my parents all around Savannah.  I know my parents have been worried about us but I think on this visit, they noticed a change.  I think they could see and feel that we were finally home where we belong.  I haven't seen my parents as relaxed as they were here last week in a long time.  I can't even remember the last time I saw my Dad sit on the sofa and just read a book.  All of us were so relaxed that most mornings, we slept in.  I was in awe at how great Matthew and Meagan got along the entire week.  Matthew even mentioned the night before everyone was to leave that he was going to miss having Meg around.  That made me feel good.

Matthew and Meagan on the Tyblee Island Pier
Onward and upward though.  No time to think about our past visitors for the sheets have been cleaned, the bed remade, and Blaze has taken up residence in the guest room once again.  While I'm looking forward to enjoying some time with Chris and Matthew...we are anxiously awaiting our next houseguest so I can once again, show off my new home. 



God is Good....All the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment