Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Sunday, October 3, 2010

Spartans, UNITE!

Let me create the mood...it's a cold, windy, lazy Sunday afternoon. The fireplace is lit, the dogs are cuddled up in their beds, lasagna is cooking in the oven, and football is on. Awww, so peaceful and quiet, with the exception of the occassional yelling at the tv. Then, out of nowhere, we are abruptly interrupted by a SPARTAN! If you haven't seen the movie 300, you'll have no idea what I'm talking about.


300 is a gladiator type movie with lots of big buff guys fighting. Mind you, Matthew has only seen clips of this movie as he's walked in and out of the living room. He's also heard his Dad being funny yell, Spartans, Unite! It's not a bad movie but I can say, I wouldn't list it in the top of my que on Netflix.


You're probably wondering, what's the point of this post. Well, as I mentioned before, we were watching football, and a Spartan jumped out of the foyer and into the living room. Evidently, Matthew is enjoying a quiet and creative Sunday as well. He's taken the time to create the Spartan wardrobe and parade around the house. I have to give him credit, he used his imagination and you can't forbid a child to do that.



Here's my Spartan....

Front view of his Spartan attire, including his headgear.




Rear view of the Spartan cape. (I'm wondering how much tape and computer paper I have left...)

Ya know, I love Matthew taking the time to use his imagination and stimulate his creativity. Case in point below...






How heartwarming to watch your child just have fun on a lazy day in front of the fireplace. Agh, I love being a mom. It's the best career choice I could have ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment