Ok, Ok, so it's been a few weeks since my last post. I've been busy, and that my friends, is a good thing. The Evoy's are slowly making friends. Yes, it may have taken us 9 months to do it, but it's happening! Over the last few weeks since my last post, we've had a cook out at our house, been to a cook out at a friends house, started BSF (Bible Study Fellowship), attended the Johnny Appleseed Festival, gone on girlee lunches, joined the 5th grade choir at school, was selected to participate in the afterschool Art Program at school through The University of Saint Francis, sold a fundraiser, decided we didn't want to play ice hockey so have decided to sign up for indoor soccer instead, gotten the brakes on the truck replaced, volunteered at MOPS (Mothers of Preschooler's) at church, whew...I'm exhausted just reading how busy we've been. So, you can see why I haven't had a second to post anything. While we have had a lot to post about, it's been hard to find the time to sit down and just type it out.
Let's take one thing at a time, shall we?
We are indeed making friends, both Chris and I. Matthew doesn't count, he's already established friendships. Chris has made some connections with a nice family from work. I stress the word nice family. We had them over for burgers and dogs not too long ago. They have 3 kids (all in elementary school) and mom is a semi- stay at home mom. Can you believe that all 3 of their kids cleaned up before they left our house? I was amazed. We played cornhole in the backyard and just kicked back. It was the first time we entertained since moving and those of you who know the Evoy's well, know that we like to entertain and eat! It was so much fun, they invited us to their house for a fish fry last weekend. Ok, Ok, I know that many of you are wondering how on earth I survived that, well, I ate ribs. Ha ha. Chris, being the wonderful, loving, and thoughtful husband that he is, he made ribs for us to take. Yummilicious!
I myself have made a few new friends as well. I have Angela across the street. She's my walking buddy in the evenings (her dog Carsen and our dog, Red are sweethearts and like to walk together), a friend when I need to escape the house and have some girl chit chat time, a taste testor for foods that I make, and just a sweetheart of a girl! I'm blessed to have such a great person across the street. Not to mention, her brother reminds me of my brother, Greg. A bottomless pit. Regardless of the condition of the leftovers, he takes them with a smile and devours them! I love visiting with Angela and love being able to cut up and be myself for I'm accepted as is.
I also have made a new friend with the wonderful girl who cuts my hair, Kim. Since I left my favorite redhead in Virginia, I had to find a redhead to meet my needs in Indiana. Kim fits the bill! Curly red hair...sorry Kate, you know I still love you too!!! Kim not only cuts my hair and makes me look fab, but she also invited me to BSF, Bible Study Fellowship. It's an 8 month bible study for women. It meets every Wednesday and so far, I'm loving it! Plus, as an added bonus, I get to go to lunch with Kim and her mom after each session. I love love love the girl time. I had no idea how much I missed it until I had the opportunity to have girl lunch dates again. Also, since Kim and I have so much in common, we attended the Johnny Appleseed Festival together. Kim, her mom, Chris, Matthew, and I all treked out to the festival. What fun! Abe Lincoln even made an appearance. It was a blast walking around the festival together and just kicking back. Chris and Laura, Kim's mom, were a couple of chatterboxes according to Matthew. That's good though. It just goes to show that we are meeting new people and getting along with everyone. Again, I'm blessed that God has put Kim and Laura in my life. They are hard working people. Laura is hysterical. She is a voice for breeds of dogs that often times get misrepresented. She'll tell you her platform as soon as she meets you and it always ends with, "I also want world peace". Reminds me of the movie Miss Congeniality. It's a hoot!
Ok, what else has happened? Oh, lest we not forget Matthew. Matthew has been just as busy. He just finished with a school fundraiser and for anyone that contributed funds, well, he sold 21 items and won the limo ride. He is totally stoked! Thanks to everyone who made a purchase!! His total funds added up to over $190. WOW! I think it's safe to say he sold his little butt off!
Matthew has also been selected for 2 extra programs at school. He tried out and was selected for the 5th grade choir. They have several performances throughout the year and I just can't wait to see my baby up there singin' his little heart out. He's also been selected to participate in the USF (University of Saint Francis) art program. Only 60 children were selected and Matthew was one of them. He really seems to like the program and comes home excited every Thursday afternoon. Ummm...what else. Oh, anyone who knows Matthew knows he has a passion for ice hockey. Well, our young hockey star has retired for now. As sad as it has been for Chris and I to pack away the hockey gear, we're happy he wants to do indoor soccer. At least we won't have to be at the rink at 6am, in the snow, and then freeze our toushies off in the rink, right? Indoor soccer should be great. I'm curious to see if this is a permanant change or a temporary. However, I'll also point out that this spring, Matthew wants to try out for baseball with the local organization. Maybe he really has retired from hockey?? Either way, I love watching him regardless of what sport he chooses.
I think that gets everyone caught up on what the Evoy's have been up to over the last several weeks. School is going good, Chris is still employed (insert a sigh here), and we are all healthy and happy.
We are blessed to be as lucky as we are. There are often days when Chris and I will look at each other and just breathe a sigh of relief. Last year this time, we were unemployed and unsure of what the future held. While we are still unsure of what the future holds, we can look back and see how much we've gone through. We can see how strong we really are, not only our marriage, but our family, and most importantly, our faith. What God has planned for us in the future, only he knows. But for now, for us, we are doing great in Fort Wayne. Can I get an Amen!?
AMEN!!! Im so happy for you guys!!
ReplyDelete