Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 7- Strength Daily

As I'm sitting here writing this, I'm still not fully understanding the path my family has been placed on.  How could a God that loves us so much and wants to protect us cause us to lose two people that we love so dear so close together?  It doesn't make sense to me and everytime I think about it, my heart aches.  But I have to remind myself that God gives us strength to face each day.  His love and support never changes, regardless of the situations we may be forced to face.  From the cradle to the grave, He has promised to love us, comfort us, and give us the strength to face any challenge He may lay in our path.  When we entrust our lives completely to Him, He can give us the courage we need to face any trial. 

As hard as the past week has been, I know that for Chris and I, we have tried to trust in God as we have worked to overcome our sorrows, our confusion, and as we've prepared our goodbyes.  I know that we were not alone the day we lost and buried my mother in law, and I will not be alone in a few days when I bury my grampa.  I can't say that I'm looking forward to that trip, especially since I'll be boarding the plan without Chris.  But waiting for me in Iowa will be family and friends ready to face this journey together.  Annie Armstrong is quoted saying, "No matter how heavy the burden, daily strength is given, so I expect we need not give ourselves any concern as to what the outcome will be.  We must simply go forward".  Even though I know what the outcome will be by the time all is said and done, I also know that the goodbyes we have said will not be eternal goodbyes.  I know that because Sue and Grampa will be waiting with God to welcome us into Heaven.  They will both be stronger, healthier, and so happy to see us.  And until that day when we are reunited again, they will be in Heaven watching over us daily.  Always in our memories, forever in our hearts.

The Lord is my strength and my song; He has  become my salvation. Exodus 15:2

He gives strength to the weary and strengthens the powerless.  Isaiah 40:29

Heavenly Father, as we work through the sorrow we are feeling, let us turn to You for strength, courage, and perspective.  Let me continue to trust in You knowing that Your will be done and that You have welcomed home two good and faithful servants into Your open arms.  Please continue to be my source of hope and peace.  And let me not forget that there will be a day when I too will be told that I was a good and faithful servant and that I will be welcomed home by both Sue and Grampa.  It is in Your strong name I pray. Amen

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?  John 14:2

No comments:

Post a Comment