There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
God's timing is perfect. Only he knows what we need, when we need it, and how we are gonna make it through it. Over the course of the last several weeks, I have been undergoing training through one of the ministries of the church. As excited as I have been to be going through this training, I've had to pray as to what I was going to do with it. I hit my low point earlier this week and I just couldn't see the light anymore. I felt that everything I had learned was for not. And worst of all, knowing my personality and my passion for "fixin' stuff", well, I just didn't think that the part of the ministry I thought I was going to land in was meant for me. I boo hooed and was comforted by Chris. It amazes me how lucky and blessed I am to be married to such a rock. In my worst moments, he can find the most perfect thing to say to me that lifts me up. I can see the Holy Spirit working through him in an effort to console me. So, back to the drama at hand. I went to bed that night feeling spent and just wasted. What good was all that training? How many people was I going to let down? (and yes, you could insert here that the devil was trying to get a foothold in)
But alas, our God is good and faithful and always has a plan for us. When I woke up the next morning, I was excited about attending BSF. I was excited about being around my normal group of women who provide me with such joy. I was excited because I was going to stay after for a seminar and try (oh Lord help me!) try to understand homelitics. But after all that, I was going to take some time to discuss possible growth opportunities within BSF. God knows what we need and where he wants us to use our gifts. I left that meeting feeling excited, happy, joyful, and content. Through that meeting, a light bulb went off and I got it. I knew what I needed to do going forward with this ministry and just how to use my talents, gifts, and all that training. My point of all this is, God's ultimately in control. If we let go of the harness and let him lead us, the path won't always be easy, but it will always be rewarding. My parents recently sent me a book, The Treasure of God's Word ~ Celebrating 400 years of the King James Bible. As I type this blog today, I find that book sitting in my lap, opened to the verses on guidance. One of the verses that stuck out to me is Psalm 32:8, I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. God will instruct me, and he did. God will teach me, and he is. God will guide me, and he has. How refreshing it is to know that you are content in your choices because God was an active player in making the final decision.
If your desire is to make a difference, and you seek to bear eternal fruit, then you must discover your gifts and begin using them for the glory of God. All of us have different gifts that were given to us by God and he expects us to use them! But don't be dismayed if you aren't certain of what your gifts are yet. Oh No my friend, keep praying and keep searching...God hears you and he's got important work for you.
A quote once said by Luci Swindoll goes something like this, "If God's Word, your circumstances, and the counsel of others line up, and if you sense his provision, I'd say go for it".
Go for it my friends- don't delay another minute! Keep searching and keep praying until you find your gift that God intends to use. I may be a little late in finding my own, but I can rest easy knowing that I'm finally "in the game". I'm no longer a benchwarmer but rather, in the starting line up! For I, my beloved, I am now working on the administrative team of BSF and will begin working on the administrative team for the ministry I've trained for. How blessed am I to be able to use my gift of organization, diligence, ok, ok, those who know me know that I'm slightly obsessive compulsive. And yes, I know that saying that I'm slightly OCD is stretching the truth a tad...but in all seriousness, that was a gift to me from God. Instead of stressing myself out over it, I'm finally seeing how to use that gift to the fullest! Can I get an AMEN?! I only hope that you too can find your gift and not waste another minute.
Chris said last night that he could see in my eyes and all over my face, contentment and pure joy. Contentment and Joy because I am at peace with myself and with my gift from God. So, what are you doing still sitting here reading this...go and find your gift and start using it!!!
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened so you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the glorious riches of His inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power to us who believe, according to the working of His vast strength. Ephesians 1:18-19




No comments:
Post a Comment