When it comes to our faith, we are to continue growing, never stopping or standing still. Never ceasing our knowledge and never allowing "weeds" to grow where we are standing. In order to grow in our wisdom and faith in God, we have to allow God opportunities in our lives and then step out in faith to walk with God within those glimpses of light he gives us.
While we may have started the year off with fear, regret, and saddness, we are soaring full throttle into what God has planned for us next. Yesterday was Matthew's first day at his new school, BCA. If you had asked Chris and I just a few months ago if we ever thought the opportunity would arise where Matthew could be back in a Christian education, we would have laughed in your face. But alas, after many, many months of prayers to God, his hand worked out the details. How marvelous right? I firmly believe that an education is nothing without adding the element of God's Word and to be able to provide such an education for my son, it brings me to my knees in thanksgiving to God. Matthew has gone from a public school class of 36 kids to 1 teacher to a class size of 12. He walked into the school yesterday and everybody knew his name. The smile that appeared on Matthew's face was priceless. But this is one of lifes opportunities that has been given to Matthew by God. The possiblities for Matthew are endless if he allows God to lead him on this path.
I also have great news to report regarding our home that has been up for sale for over two and a half years....it's....S-O-L-D! I never ever thought the day would come but it has. Praise God! It is God's timing that takes care of our needs. God is ultimately the one who can open doors for us, we have to trust him and step over the threshold. Chris and I had mixed emotions on the house. This sale was bittersweet for us. We picked out and purchased this home together so we could build our family and live life together there. That was "our" plan...not God's. I have no doubts in my mind that the reason things have ended up as they have was to humble Chris and I and to remind us of who is in control. Our walk with God has grown so much through the entire process of selling the house and that is growth that I want to continue feeding!
Last year in BSF, we studied the Acts of the Apostles. I remember reading through the Book of James in the spring and thinking to myself how wonderful it would be to really do what James is telling us we must do. Consider it great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.- James 1:2-4 Looking back over the last several months, we've had trials in this household. We've dealt with the sting of death, we've been given struggles through 6th grade for Matthew at a public school, and we've been trying to overcome the anxiety of selling our home. But through all that, I've tried to focus on what James' said, consider it joy. It is with joy that I celebrate the memories of our loved ones who are watching over me in heaven. It is with joy that Matthew has been given an opportunity of a new school with a Christian education. It is with joy that we celebrate God's divine timing on selling our home. It is with faith that we trust God to handle all the small details for those are not for us to worry. It is by growing with God that we are given a life full of opportunities. And it is through the endurance that we grow closer to God, lacking nothing. God is so Good, all the time....

No comments:
Post a Comment