Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Sunday, March 3, 2013

Fear is NOT an option

It is always easier to praise God when we are experiencing those mountaintop moments of life.  It's as if during those times, we can truly feel God near us and walking with us.  And we aren't ashamed to give him the glory for those moments.  But, as I have recently experienced a sense of fear in my own life and family, do we praise God in our lives when we are in the valleys? 

God wants a one-on-one relationship with each one of us and when we have nurtured and made time for that relationship, those valleys won't seem so deep.  I know, it's easier said than done but it's something that even I need a reminder of.  If we genuinely trust God's Word and we truly believe it, why do we live in fear?  Why are we not living as courageous people knowing that God's armor and protection is all around us?   Christ has already dealt with any fear, worry, anxiety, distress, everything, on the cross.  It's nailed to the CROSS.  It's not our burden to carry anymore and yet, even as faithful followers, we continue to carry those fears.  And carrying those burdens makes it all the more easier for Satan to test our courage.  It makes it all the more easier for Satan to fill our minds with doubt and succumb to the worries and the unknowns.  God never said the path would be easy, he never promised we would never be tested, but he has promised to walk with us, never forsaking us, never failing us.

One of my favorite verses is Isaiah 41:10 which says, So do not fear, for I am with you;  do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you;  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

God tells us directly not to fear!  Not to be worried or upset.  In Deuteronomy it clearly tells us, The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.  Deuteronomy 31:8.  If God is telling us to trust in him in all times of fear, then we need to buck up and do it.  Gloria Gaither is quoted as saying, "With each new experience of letting God be in control, we gan courage and reinforcement for daring to do it again and again."   

God is always there listening to our thoughts and prayers, watching our every move.  If the demands of the moment are wearing you down, we are too often tempted to forget to turn our eyes up.  God's hand is big enough to hold every worry we have.  And if we acknowledge his presence and his greatness, and his power, he has the opportunity to reach down inside us and touch our hearts.  HE has the ability to restore our courage.  God is asking us to live abundantly and courageously through HIM.  "Jesus Christ can make the weakest man into a divine dreadnought, fearing nothing." - Oswald Chambers.

So my dear friends who devotedly follow this blog, what will you do when you find yourself where I find myself today?  Will you ask yourself if you are ready to place your concerns and your life in God's loving hands?  Will you do as I did yesterday at church and release your burden and fear to God.  Will you stop being selfish and trying to control every aspect of your life and instead, let God lead for He does know what is best for your life?  If you can let go and let God, then when fear is standing on your doorstep, you can find comfort and strength in knowing for certain that God is standing right behind you.  He's already aware and he's already working on strengthening you.  And through trusting in God and the love and support of family and friends, you can overcome.  You WILL overcome.  And with each new day, you will become stronger and more trusting. 

Heavenly Father, oh faithful one, at times in my life, I face challenges and situations that leave me worried, afraid, and fearful for what is to come.  When I am fearful. let me seek Your strength.  When I am anxious Lord, please give me faith.  Keep my eyes focused on You, and remind me that You are my God.  You will never fail or forsake me.  You are by my side Lord through everything and through you, I have nothing to fear today, tomorrow, or in the future.  I praise you Lord, for with the storms comes blessings.  I will praise you in these storms Lord for you are by my side.  It is in Your strong name I pray.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment