Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Friday, August 23, 2013

Give it Up!



Recently I have been frustrated and discouraged.  Over the littlest things....the balance in our checkbook, family members choices, the age and behavior of our dog, my bangs...some things goofier than others.  However, this morning, I hit a button on my phone that lead me to a reminder...

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

Right there, it hit me, do not be discouraged.  God is with me through it all.  So why am I allowing the devil to get a foothold in on my life?  Why am I not trusting God when he has written for me to see that he has commanded me to be strong and courageous.  Commanded me to not be afraid or discouraged.  I am a child of God, I have a protector and provider unlike any other.

God's protection and provision is faithful.  It's promised over and over again in the Bible.

For example, here are a few of my favorite verses to remind me just how strong and good our God is.  I've inserted my name as my reminder to me personally but as you read this, put your name in that spot and hear God's promises for you.

(Jennifer), you can do all things through Christ who strengthen you. (Philippians 4:13)

(Jennifer), I will supply all your needs.  (Philippians 4:19)

(Jennifer), after you have suffered a little while, I Myself will perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. (1 Peter 5:10)

(Jennifer), do not fear, I am with you.  Do not anxiously look around.  Surely I will help you. (Isaiah 41:10)


Time and time again, I am reminded that regardless how dark the road ahead may look, my God will brighten it.  No matter how empty the checking account appears, my God will provide what I need.  No matter what choices my family may make, my God will guide me to be strong for them.  No matter what discouragement I may be experiencing, my God will help me.  He will perfect me, confirm me, strengthen me, and establish me.  My God is always faithful, always loving, always compassionate, and above all, always walking with me.

It is in times of trials and frustrations that we must pray to God.  It says in Philippians, Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I want this peace that God has offered to me.  I know that my God is big enough to hold all my worries, anxieties, frustrations, and discouragements.  I know that my God will use all situations to my good.  I need to stop looking at the circumstances surrounding me and instead, fix my eyes upon God.  God doesn't bring me discouragement or frustrations, but he brings me through it.  God is the beacon of light and hope on the other side.  He is steadfast and patient.  He carries me when I am too weak to walk alone.  Is there anything sweeter than knowing you are loved that much?  Absolutely not!


Heavenly Father- today I find myself caught up in the circumstances here on earth.  I am discouraged, frustrated, worried, and anxious.  I give those burdens to you Lord.  I ask that you continue to walk with me, continue to strengthen me, and continue to love me through all the storms of life.  Lord, you alone are my salvation and you alone can use all my circumstances for good.  I ask that you help me to keep my eyes focused on you Lord so that I may be constantly reminded that you are who you say you are and will do what you say you will do.  Most importantly, I ask for your peace that transcends all understanding.  Peace that I no longer worry over things that You can and will handle.  I praise you!  In Your sweet name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment