Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Saturday, June 26, 2010

Whew...time flies when you're on vacay...

We're baaaacccckkkk, in Indiana that is. Sad to leave the family, yes, but happy to be home, absolutely. I missed my hubby and all our livestock!


Matthew and I had a great two weeks in Virginia and next week, we are jetsetting off to Iowa for a looonnngggg weekend. 4th of July fireworks on the Mississippi....soooo looking forward to it!


We tried to cram in so much stuff on our visit that I'm exhausted. However, I have to point out that a part of me is super proud of my independence. I drove to Virginia and back all by myself. Just me and Matthew. That's 700 miles, one way....and I did it. (I must point out though that it will be awhile before I sign up for that fun again!!).


I had a great time with all my family, friends, and former co-workers. Lunches, dinners, shopping, pool time, yada yada, yada...fun, fun, fun.


Matthew and I were even lucky enough to squeeze in a trip to the Washington DC zoo. As much as I love looking at all the animals, I hate the hill that the zoo sits on. It really made me appreciate our zoo here in Fort Wayne. It's not on a hill, and it's not nearly as hot as DC. Ha Ha. I must say, when Matthew and I pulled out of Richmond, the van said it was 100 degrees...it was great to see the temp drop as we got closer to Fort Wayne. I pulled in Thursday evening to a very comfortable 79 degrees. YUMMY!

I'm glad we made the trip and I'm really looking forward to spending several days with my grandparents. That should be a jam packed weekend as well. Fishing, picnics, chit chatting, and of course fireworks!!!

On a side note, I was able to coordinate a special treat for Chris on my drive home. Thanks to my brother for the cooler and my folks for making extra space in the freezer, I was able to deliver 4 Pino's Pizza's to my sweetheart. He was so excited that his eyes twinkled!



We have yet to find a good pizza place here in Fort Wayne. So, that being said, IF you are traveling to see us and you are coming from Richmond, you'd better have a few Pino's Pizza's on your back seat. Consider it the cost of staying at the Evoy B&B. Also, you should be aware of the disclaimer that comes with the pizza's...just because you bring them, doesn't mean we'll share.

Much love....

No comments:

Post a Comment