Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 5- Finding Peace

Ok, Ok, so I'm off schedule and behind a few days on my post.  Thanks to one of my most favorite sister in laws, we won't mention any names, Krystal, who informed me that I needed to get caught back up...here I am.  I do apologize for those of you keeping up that I've been slacking but in my defense, I haven't really been slacking.  I've had 2 Bible studies this week AND I've had to prepare and shop for someone's visit...and I soooo can't wait for them to get here next week!

Ok, so for Day 5, I want to blog about finding peace.  As you are all aware, I'm a full time stay at home parent.  When the opportunity first presented itself, I was totally freaked.  All the usual questions ran through my head...Would I get bored?  Would I be useful?  What if I don't do "enough"?  And the biggest concern I had is, can we really afford it?  The fact that I don't bring any finances into our household bothers me.  But when I mention this to Chris, he just looks at me like I have four heads and says, that's MY job.  I support the home outside at work, YOU support the home here so that I can feel confident everything is taken care of.  When we first moved to Fort Wayne, I felt wierd being home.  But, I did enjoy the fact that I could clean, do laundry, run errands, and get a good meal together without having to cram it all in between working and all the other choas.  And even once we moved to Savannah, I've still had trouble with the fact that I am a stay at home parent.  I've always questioned if this is where I'm supposed to be.  Is this what God wants.  It's an inner conflict that I struggle with.  It's amazing though, just when you think you've got it figured out, God does a 180 and shows you why you are where you are and what he expects from you.

Yesterday evening is a perfect example of me finding peace with my position in my household and no longer having to justify why on my resume it states, MOM.  Matthew came home from school and just wasn't himself.  He just seemed down, which if you know Matthew, you know this is NOT normal.  So I tried talking with him and after 20 minutes of sitting in the van in the driveway, he finally began opening up.  He's going through some worries and some stresses and it's all part of life.  But the fact that I get the privelage to pick him up everyday from school, gives me the time to sit and just talk with him.  After our talk, Matthew mentioned that he just felt he needed some extra TLC and he wanted to be closer to God.  Of course I replied, to be closer to God, take time to read His Word and pray.  With prayer, he will grant you peace.  I reminded him that God's shoulders are plenty big enough to carry all those worries and concerns so give them up to Him.

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.  John 16:33

God doesn't plan a perfect path for us.  In order to draw closer to him, we must all go through trials and then trust in His perfect will for us.  Matthew took the time yesterday to sit down and help me do the lessons for both my Bible studies.  I have to say, it was fun reading the verses together and then coming up with our answers.  I'm sure my BSF group will find his chicken scratch writing interesting on my answer sheet.  But God works in amazing ways.  Matthew needed some TLC, some healing time and amazingly enough, the verses we were reading had a lot to do with what he was worried over.  I was stunned at how closely all of it tied together and yet, once again, it was God's handiwork healing Matthew through my work and my words.  Isn't God awesome!  And because of that special time Matthew and I shared, he even helped me fix dinner (but secretly, I love love love when he helps).    "In the center of a hurricane there is absolute quiet and peace.  There is no safer place than in the center of the will of God"- Corrie ten Boom.  That statement sums it up, doesn't it?  Matthew had a day filled with swirling winds, gusts of craziness, torrential downpours and then in the middle of all that choas, he found quiet and peace and was able to be healed by the words of God.

So the next time you feel like you're life is a hurricane and you are spinning and swirling out of control, stop for a moment.  Take a deep breath, regroup, and pray. "Prayers guards hearts and minds and causes God to bring peace out of choas" - Beth Moore.  God will speak to you when you need him if you take the time to let him in and allow yourself to draw nearer to Him.  None of us know what's in store for us but I feel 100% certain that the path I am on today is where God wants me.  I'm a mom.  I'm able to be here for the little and the big stuff.  I'm able to have energy for the most important gift God has given me, Matthew.  Am I a millionaire, far from it if you're speaking of my finances but, I'm blessed in a million ways each and everday all because...I get to be a MOM!

Dear Lord, You are the Giver of all things good.  You give me peace when I draw closer to You.  Help me to trust Your will, to follow Your commands, and to accept Your peace today, and forever. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment