Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Easter story through Matthew's words...


I didn't think when I got in the car this morning to take Matthew to school that I would be told the Easter story. Well, I was. We were in the car, no radio on and out of no where he says, Mom, do you know Easter is Sunday. I said of course and asked why? Here is his response....

Did you know that on Palm Sunday, Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey and people stood on the rode waving palm trees and shouting at him? They did, it was like a big party. But then some pilot guy decided that Jesus needed to be crucified. Poor Jesus had to wear this crown made of thorns that made his head bleed and he had to carry his own heavy cross all the way through town but this time it wasn't like a party. The people cried but some people cheered, I think the pilot's guys cheered and that wasn't very nice. I don't like that guy at all. Anyway, they nailed Jesus to a cross, and I bet that hurt. He had robbers up there on the cross with him too. And then he died. He died on the cross for us and our bad choices because we sin and let the devil in but Jesus fixed that- didn't he mom? (insert my nod and Yep, he did) Easter is when Jesus rose up into heaven so that's why we celebrate. Oh, and then his disciples were happy but one of his disciples, I think it was Peter denied Jesus like 3 times. He wasn't very smart was he mom? (Again, insert a nod and a yep) Mom, do you know about all the disciples? To which I replied, well, yes, I know about them but if you really want to learn about them, Pop Pop knows a lot about them I think so you could ask him. Mom, we're lucky to have Easter aren't we? (insert one final nod and yep)



And then we were at school. Wow- what a conversation to have on the way to school with a 10 year old. I must be doing something right because he's a pretty smart kid. Ya know, as a mom, I have those days where I wonder if the child will live to see the dawn and then there are moments like this that I question if I deserve to have such a great kid!




No comments:

Post a Comment