Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Reading Across America Day



Today I had the honor of going into Matthew's school and reading the book, OH The Places You'll Go by Dr. Suess. I also got to wear my special Dr. Suess T-shirt and Hat (which matched Matthew's shirt and hat...yep, we were twins!!!). While I was unsuccessful at getting a picture of me reading, I was able to snap off a shot of me in my hat so everyone can see. Aren't I a cutie???



I had a really good time and had forgotten how much I love being around kids. They were all such good listeners and there was one little girl who was mouthing the words right along with me. So much fun!!!! My favorite part though was when one little boy raised his hand at the end of the story and Matthew's teacher, Mrs. Rahrer (pronounced Rare) said, yes, you have a question? To which the little boy replied, um, yes, Mrs. Evoy, do you have any baby pictures of Matthew? To which I replied ever so nicely, NOPE- Matthew told me I'm not supposed to embarrass him. Matthew just grinned that sheepish grin he has. I wish I could have stayed and read another story but they were off to a special musical presentation in the gym when I left. I can't wait to hear about Matthew's day when I pick him up!




No comments:

Post a Comment