Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Monday, April 19, 2010

Butterflies, Flowers, and History...Oh My!


Saturday we enjoyed a family day. We took a few hours to explore downtown Fort Wayne. It was so clean and windy.....but overall, a very nice area of town. I can't wait until the Barr Street Market opens and we can get fresh from the farm fruits and veggies!!! We took the time to explore the Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory and The History Center. http://www.botanicalconservatory.org/ and http://www.fwhistorycenter.com/

What beautiful flowers were inside the conservatory. It was wierd seeing so much inside while it was still chilly outside. The conservatory also had a butterfly display where you could enter a tent and they flew all around you. Before you could exit, a volunteer would check to make sure you didn't have any butterflies attached to you. Matthew took his camera and between the two of us, we got some really good pictures. Take a look....

Matthew posing inside the trunk of a tree.

One of Matthew's gorgeous pictures


Matthew also was able to get a picture of this rainbow inside one of the waterfalls.





I snapped this shot. While the flowers aren't the brightest. They are called Crown of Thorns. You can see the thorns on the vine within the flowers. Matthew asked me if this is what they made Jesus wear when he carried his cross.







This was called an Angel's Trumpet Tree.

It was so much fun seeing all these beautiful flowers and butterflies and then learning a little about the history of Fort Wayne.

Here's some pictures from The History Center.













Chris and Matthew doing a scavenger hunt for the historic buildings in downtown Fort Wayne.


Maybe the next time you come to visit, we can take you on your own tour of downtown....


























































No comments:

Post a Comment