Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Monday, April 26, 2010

I do declare, it IS one of the top 10 children's zoo!!!



Saturday morning...ugh, more rain. Are you kidding me? We are suppposed to go to the season opening of the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo today. But oh, could there be a brief break in the weather to still go and not get soaked?
Well, thanks to mother nature, there was a brief, and I say again, BRIEF break in the rain and so, off we went....umbrellas and jackets in tow. We weren't in the zoo 5 minutes and it began to rain again. Say la ve...we were going to deal with the wetness of the day and just enjoy our tour.


I have to say, I'm so glad we purchased the family membership. The zoo was so clean and fun and so much bigger than the Richmond Zoo. Even with the rain, we had a B-L-A-S-T!!!! I can't wait to go back.
The Sea Lion Tank
These little guys were so fun to watch. They would come up to the window and stand up on their tails so they could see you eye to eye.


One of the newest members of the Zoo. This is the new baby giraffe. It weighs 150 pounds and is 9 feet tall.

When you go "down under" at the zoo, you have the option to ride a canoe around the outback. Animals just sort of roam the area and when you are finished with your canoe ride, you can walk through the outback and see the new Dingo pups, birds and of course, kangaroos!


Evidently, the peacocks own the zoo. They walk every where. You just never know when one might show up for a kodak moment. This one joined us as we were looking at owls. He just grabbed a seat on the railing next to the exhibit.

Matthew is walking through one of the several bird aviaries.

Matthew's favorite animal...Penguins!


Matthew and Chris riding the Sky Safari ride.


This was fun and went past the African Safari area of the zoo. We got lucky, the rain stopped just long enough for us to enjoy this without getting soaked!



View of the African Safari from the Sky Safari ride.




I hope that the next time you visit, the Zoo will be open and you can have just as much fun as we did. And if you have a hard time reaching Matthew and I this summer, well, I imagine you can guess where we'll be!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment