Several people have asked me how Matthew's first day was so I'm going to give you a brief synopsis, in his words.
Mom: Well, how was the first day? Did you make any friends? Did you eat lunch with anyone? How was lunch? How is your teacher, Mrs. Rahre- is she nice? Do you like it? Did everyone ask you where you came from?
Matthew:
Mom: OH my! I hope you didn't group up with them today, that's not a good choice.
Matthew: Yeah, they said S-H-U-T *#! I didn't talk to them, they didn't even get in trouble. And I didn't get cheese pizza, they messed up or something so I got a bean and beef burrito that was horrible and stuck to my tray.
Mom: Well, did you make any friends?
Matthew: Yeah, I met a new friend named Jordan. He sits next to me in my class and he's just like Tanner. And I met two girls, Hannah and someone who starts with an S but they aren't my girlfriends!
Mom: Did you know what was going on in class? Were they working on the same stuff as Mrs. Rhodes?
Matthew: Yeah. Mrs. Rahre is strict, she kept fussin at us but I got green, it was sooooo easy. And they were doing division but she does it with a squiggly and I don't get it. Ya know the lady in the lunch room wouldn't let us talk so I ate my lunch and went outside to play. I was like, what? why can't we talk? It was crazy. Then when I was outside, it was so cold, I thought, geez, I guess I should put my gloves on. And I remembered to zip up my coat and wear my hat. I told you I would.
Mom: Well it sounds like a good day. Glad it went well. You'll have to set the example for those boys that are making bad choices. So I guess you have homework?
Matthew: A little. I have math and spelling and I have to write an essay on hockey equipment.
Mom: OK, we'll let's get it done so you have some time to play when we get home.
Matthew: Can I have a snack first?
End conversation....
That in a nutshell is how his day went. You can see what was important and what wasn't. Clearly, food is a priority with this child!!!!
I'm just glad that he had a good day and was excited to go back today. Tonight, we have an essay on coaching hockey. Good thing he chose a topic he knows something about. And as for hockey, he should be signed up this week and hopefully start this weekend however; we may miss his first practice on Friday night since we have tickets to see the Komets (www.komets.com) play at the coliseum!!!! Sorry Dad...guess you'll have to come visit so you can come to a game huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment