Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Saturday, January 30, 2010

Matthew's 1st Fort Wayne Hockey Game

This morning we all drug our tired tushies outta bed at 5 am to be at the Mc Millian ice arena by 6:30. We are all sooo tired but it was Matthew's first game with his new league here in Fort Wayne. The ice arena is about 20 mins from our house but in about 2 weeks, the new arena will be opened. It will have 4 sheets of ice, a restaurant with TV's showing the games going on on the ice for the parents to sit in that is glass front so we can see the kids on the ice down below. That's a sweet concept. The new rink will be about 10 mins away from the house. I'll be sure to post pics.

As for the Mc Millian arena, it was sooo much better than either of the Richmond ice arenas. The bleachers had heaters and we were up above the ice. It was really nice. Clean, fresh smelling locker rooms and the kids, well, they were well behaved and quiet!!!!! The hockey director is one of the Komet's players, Colin Chaulk # 91. He took the time to come over and meet Matthew and introduce himself. He also invited Matthew to several clinics that he himself runs to help the kids learn the skills of the game. I thought that was pretty neat. And when he heard we were from Richmond, well, he even remembered playing there once against the Riverdogs. How cool huh?

Well, Matthew's first game went really well. They beat the maroon team 7-1. Matthew played mostly defense but he stayed in position and had some really good passing plays. He's not better than most the kids and he's certainly not worst. Middle of the road, average, and that's not bad. He is however a good head above everyone in size, which is interesting to me since Matthew has usually been one of the smaller kids. Anyway, here's some pictures and a video of his game this morning and of the rink. Enjoy! Our next game is next Saturday and 7:20am. Don't be confused in the pictures. During warm ups, Matthew is in his #10 white jersey but before the game started, they lent him a #10 orange jersey from one of other players.






































No comments:

Post a Comment