Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Friday, January 29, 2010

Komet's Hockey






Tonight we went to our first local hockey game, the Komets. It wasn't like Richmond in many ways, some good and some bad. I sat there in the stands this evening thinking back to the very first hockey game I ever went to. I was 7 (ish) months pregnant and was showing BIG time. My Dad took me and while he knew what he was doing, I was clueless and he parked us right next to the horn that goes off when a goal is scored. Well, you can just imagine my surprise after the Renegades scored a goal and the horn went off. Matthew decided to jump straight up from my belly into my throat. I think the M&M's I was eating flew outta my mouth. What did Dad do you ask, he laughed. Looking back, it was comical but at the time, I was less than thrilled about the situation. But since then, Matthew has been addicted to ice hockey and so have I. It's a common thread we share and I like it. I'm lucky enough to have a husband who shares the same passion.

OK, back to the Komets. The stadium was smaller than the Richmond Coliseum but it was cleaner and more user friendly. The seats, well, let me just say if I hadn't been sitting next to "mammoth man" I would have had more room. Very tight seating and not a lot of leg room but I don't think that you could possibly get a bad seat if you tried. There were a LOT more fans than Richmond, tonight alone there were over 9,300 fans in attendance. That is awesome!!! But in looking back, I realize that it's so freakin' cold, no one wants to do anything so they all go to the game. It was fun though. Matthew had a great time and the Komets won!!!!! (4-1) Can't beat that for your first trip out huh? The long walk back to the car...that is a story for another time. And Dad, when you come to your game with us, remind me to look for an end seat in the front row otherwise you won't have anywhere to put your legs.











No comments:

Post a Comment