Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I lost the mancub today!!!!!

You know it's snowing from my last post and you know school is closed. Because my husband is out in the weather today, I thought I'd be a good wife and try (let me emphasize try) to clear off the walk and the driveway. While I was attempting this, all the kids on the street starting showing up across the street with their sleds. Mmmmm....I wonder what they are getting ready to do? About 30 minutes goes by and over walks one of the boys to ask if Matthew can come over and go sledding. Well heck yeah! So I go in and get Matthew dressed and bundled and send him out the door. I walked away from the door long enough to let the dogs outside and notice, all the kids are GONE! WHAT? Where did they go??? Then I see the woman across the street pulling out of her garage and there is a familiar head in the vehicle. Yep, Matthew. Where are they going? Was the neighbor boy supposed to explain to me that they were going sledding, not sledding in the front yard? Oh No, I've lost the mancub? What on earth am I going to tell Chris? What if he gets lost? Does he at least remember our address because I know he hasn't memorized my new phone number? Oh geezzzz, what have I done??

And to add insult to injury- my phone rings. Honestly, I swear he can sense that something is up! It's Chris. Well, I have to tell him what just happened because he's bound to notice that Matthew is missing when he gets home. Do you know what he said? I was speechless. He said, "He's with the neighbor lady, he'll be back in awhile". WOW! I didn't see that coming.

Of course, I'm in freak out mode and I'm chatting with Kate on yahoo and she proceeds to remind me that Matthew's fine, he'll be home soon. He's with a mom. Yada Yada Yada.

Yeah, I'm a Mom...I freaked out!!!!!

But lo and behold...about an hour later, he's home. They went to some hill (which I have no idea where that was because it's nothing but flat lands around) and went sledding with a bunch of kids. Matthew was so excited and had so much fun. He's still outside playing ice hockey in the snow covered driveway. Yes folks, I did try to clear it but it is snowing again....

No comments:

Post a Comment