Second, AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, now that I have that outta my system. Today has NOT been the best day!
This morning at 5am we were greeted to what Matthew called the sound of a lawnmower. Had it actually been a lawnmower, I might have been a little less frustrated being woken up. It was instead our neighbor across the street snow blowing his driveway. And the snowblower sounded like it was on its last leg. Varromm VA VA Varrrrrooommm, clunk clunk, Va Va, Varrrrooommmm.... Really? He felt the need to snow blow at 5am? Arrrggghhh!!!!
Then, since we were up and had to get ready for Matthew's hockey game anyway, I let the dogs out. Unknowingly to me, the wind had blown open the side gate during the night. Yep, you guessed it, the dogs were gone! Chris and I went to the front yard and there was Bacardi. Red did a quick dash through the front yard and darted just as I went to grab her. As of 2:15pm as I type this, she's still MIA. Bacardi is so stressed that she isn't eating. I've called the local shelter to make a report so hopefully, we'll get reunited with her soon. Of course, when we do...I don't know who is gonna knock her teeth out first, me or Chris.
One positive aspect so far for today is that Matthew had a really good defensive hockey game this morning. He had some awesome plays and passes. They won 5-1!!!!!!
Let's continue on....
Matthew has been congested and coughing for a few days. I say it's getting better, Chris says it's sounding worse. So, in an effort to "keep the peace" this weekend, I gave in and we took Matthew to the RediMed Clinic (similiar to Patient's First). Holy CRAP- the kid has bronchitis! And of course, we are still on the short term insurance and no where near meeting the deductible so we have to pay for his visit out of pocket..cha ching...$175 (and that was with a discount for paying it in full today). The office did a neb treatment and sent us home with 2 scripts. Again, cha ching. Plus, he has to have neb treatments for the next week, 4 times a day. And they won't let us rent the machine because we "don't have insurance". But we do!!!!! So we had to buy the machine...cha ching...$170.
I think I'm going to rethink our dinner out tonight....
But on the lighter side...Matthew's not hacking up a lung right now and that is the positive I'm taking away from this!!!!
I know the day will get better, it has to...the only way to go from here is UP (I hope)!

- UPDATE...My wonderful husband has brought home Red!!!! He found her 2 doors down when he pulled up from running an errand. He said that she looked frozen and walked right over to him, never once trying to run away. And the look on her face said, Oh, Thank goodness, there you are!!!!! See, the day is already getting better..I've got Matthew feeling better, Red home, and a new pair of gold/diamond hoop earrings from my sweetheart!
Happy Anniversary to Moi
No comments:
Post a Comment