If you recall, Tuesday was a rough day for Matthew. He missed Virginia and needed to have some webcam time with Pop Pop. Well, yesterday (Wednesday) I wasn't prepared AT ALL!
Kids should come with a warning light when something is up and as parents we should be able to choose whether or not to accept the warning light or to hit snooze. Arghh...really? Seriously? Do I have to deal with my little man liking girls- already???
I was greeted by a very hyper and jittery child at 3:20pm. And when I asked how his day was, all I got was, "MOM, I have a CRISIS...I need DAD!!!!!!!!!"
"Ok dude, settle down, it's only 3:20, Dad won't be home for at least a couple hours", here's where I made my fatal mistake, "what's up?"
Matthew went on to tell me how he has 2 (yes, 2...count them 2...and in case you missed it...2) girls that like him at school and want to be his girlfriends. (let me just insert here that just the day before he was upset that he didn't seem to be making any friends...really? In order for a girl to want to be your girlfriend, don't you have to, Oh, I don't know...talk to them, hang out with them, be a, what's the word...a Friend?) Back to the drama at hand...
Yes, he has 2 girls that like him and want to be his girlfriends. If I recall, they are Gabby who has long curly black hair, and Alexis who wears a pony tail off the back of her head. They both told Matthew that they wanted to be his girlfriends. Of course, my michevious son goes onto tell me that he has told both of them to meet him at the kickback game (no, not kickball, but kickback...don't ask, I have no earthly clue) and when they both show up there, (insert the evil laugh here) they are gonna be surprised. But according to Matthew, he's just gonna play it smooth because that's what he does.
So for 3 hours, he paced. He literally was looking out the window for Chris to get home all afternoon. I tried to talk to him about his "crisis" but to no avail. He wanted to talk to Dad because Dad had girlfriends and would know what to do. Plus, he didn't like my answer of just telling them that they could be his friends that were girls but not girlfriends. I suggested he tell them this along with something suave like, I like to keep my options open, not be tied down. Which of course he added, that makes me sound like a player MOM! Oh geez, great, I'd made it worse!
Flash Forward to 6:25pm and in walks Chris only to find Matthew jumping on him as soon as he hit the door. "Dad, I need to talk to you upstairs in private now." Dad- "Ok, can I say hello to Mom first?". Matthew, "NO, I have a crisis and I need to talk to you NOW.".
Up the stairs they went and I heard the door close, and LOCK. What? Locking the door, was that necessary? I mean honestly, I already knew what he was going to talk about. Is this how boys act? Would anyone with experience please let me know...is that really what they do?
Flash Forward 25 minutes later and down comes Chris, laughing and smirking. So of course, I'm curious as to what was said. All Chris can do is laugh. He said, Matthew wants to be smooth and play the field but he doesn't want to be a player. Chris suggested to Matthew to just ignore the situation, not to worry about it and just blend in, but Nooooo.......Matthew wanted answers.
Bottom line (since I'm not privy to what was discussed because I'm a g-i-r-l), Matthew has decided to let them fight over him. He's gonna wait it out and see what happens. Since he's never been in this situation...he wants to revel in it as long as he can.
Arghh...I'm not ready for girlfriends or for my son to be the heartbreaker....I guess this is what I get for having a blonde hair, blue eyed handsome kid huh? Great...I just can't wait til High School.
No comments:
Post a Comment