Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Really?

I feel bad for my little man. He and I were up practically all night last night with him coughing. I know he was in pain and it hurt and all I could do was say a prayer that God would grant him a little peace to catch a few zzzz's. Finally, at 3:30 am, my prayer was answered. Needless to say, this morning we were walking zombies. Thank goodness my husband left me some coffee. Um, could I have it with a straw please? I'm sitting here exhausted and I know Matthew feels ten times worse.

I have to say though, how frustrating it is to be somewhere new and not know any doctors when your child needs one. I was given a referral to a pediatric doctor, Pediatric Associates, for those of you who know Matthew's last doctor in Virginia, kind of ironic the practice has the same name huh? Anyway, I called them and because we weren't "established" as patients, we had to leave a message. I'll let you know when that office calls back. How infuriating!!!!! I was soooo mad!!! My little man can't stop coughing, can't breath and you can't pick up the phone and return a call? Nevermind the fact that you can't schedule a sick appointment until you talk to the new patient office. Really? I don't know how that office does business but as Chris put it when I called to rant to him, clearly that isn't an office we want to work with.

Chris took matters into his own hands (whew, insert a sigh of relief as my frustration level is beyond the ozone layer) and got a referral from one of his managers. Then, the guy who gave him the referrel called before I even had a chance and scheduled a sick appointment for Matthew. Wow! I didn't know this until I called to set up an appointment and the woman told me that a Doug had already called. I couldn't believe it. Not only did Doug get us scheduled with a doctor but it's a great office! They have several doctors in the same practice, they do OB/GYN right there, MRI's, labwork, Xrays...all of it, right there. It's pretty sweet!

So in we rushed for our 1:30 appointment (seeing how when I found out, it was already 1pm). Matthew was seen by Dr. Brennan and we were told that yep, he hasn't gotten over bronchitis. Just as I thought hence why I wanted a doctor appointment. 30 minutes later we were out the door on the way to the pharmacy with a steroid and cough medicine script in hand. Yeah, Matt's on steriods...ha ha ha...he's here to Pump You Up! Sorry, just makes me laugh. He's on 2 different cough meds, one with codine and one for during the day at school, the steroid, and the nebulizer again. Arghh. But the good news is, he should be able to go back to school tomorrow assuming he gets a good nights sleep tonight.

I'm thankful for Doug for taking the time to help us out. Not only can Dr. Brennan see Matthew, but he's also seeing Chris. I could go with Dr. B but since I'm more comfortable seeing a woman for my female fun, I'm going with a different doctor in the practice. But seriously, how nice that all of us can be at the same office and not have to have upteen different doctors all over the Fort. Things happen for a reason. There's a reason I haven't gotten a call back from Pediatric Assoc, and a reason Doug was with Chris when I called stressed out.

Once again, we've been taken care of. Amazing how God works his magic when you least expect it but really need it huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment