Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Saturday, February 13, 2010

Welcome to Canlan Ice Sports


Today was our first hockey game in the new ice rink, Canlan Ice Sports, a $14 million ice complex. Canlan Ice Sports, based in Burnaby, British Columbia, operates the new ice complex and the McMillen (other ice rink). We were supposed to have practice last night on the new ice but that was delayed due to a chemical spill. Evidently, the new zambonie that was purchased, had a leak and contaminated the ice making it impossible for the kids to skate on. Everything was good to go this morning for all games!

The new rink is simple yet has a lot of great features. For those of you who don't care for the cool chill while sitting at the ice, there is a restaurant which looks over all 3 rinks where you can sit, eat, and watch the games. As of today there were no bleachers installed but you can tell they are coming.

Below are a bunch of pictures of Matthew with his team. He received a jersey today, #13. However; I have to add that there are two #13's on his team. He is the #13 with no name on the jersey.
We also found out today from some very proud grandparents that Matthew's team is 3-1 in the league and that last session, his team won the championship!!! SWEET DEAL!
I also have to brag for two seconds (this is specifically for Pop Pop Johnson)...our Deuce played defense the entire game again. This is fine because if you ask Matthew, he loves that position and since he's the one that has to play it, than as long as he's happy, we're happy. He's becoming a very strong defensive playing and today...HE SCORED A GOAL!!!!! Not too shabby if you ask me. Only his 3rd game with his new team and he scored a defensive goal!!!!! He even got an honorable mention in the locker room. Makes a momma proud! (And a Pop Pop, I'm sure)
Enjoy the pictures. Who knows, he could be the next Sydney Crosby or Wayne Gretzky, or Ovechin...hey, a mom can dream right???

This is the view from the ice up to the restaurant that overlooks all three rinks.




This is at the McMillen rink. For those of you who know my fears of twisters....this isn't helping!!!

We hope this is where they are putting the bleachers...


Any views with netting in front are taken from the restaurant above the rink.



Warm Ups


Warm up laps

Warm Up drills



GAME ON!










Proud Dad looking out over the ice. Not a bad view huh? We had our coffee and were warm!!!





Now that's what I call a defensive pose!



Matthew is on the blue line waiting for the puck to pop out of the pile.

Matthew is in the middle going after the puck

Matthew is on the left

I didn't expect him to score so I wasn't prepared to click the camera. This is right after he did his victory celebration. He spun around in a circle with his stick in the air. I don't think he was excited at all!

Matthew is on his knees, he just cleared the puck from the zone helping the goalie block the puck



He just cleared the puck from the boards



He's the handsome pro sitting on the end

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'...



He saw me with the camera and gave me the Aweeeee Mom look.

Into the boards they go...



And if I failed to mention...they won their game today, 7-1!!!!!










































No comments:

Post a Comment