Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Sunday, February 7, 2010

You know you're in Colts country when...


I have to share this quick story with everyone just because I don't recall ever seeing this in Richmond.
Today we went to the same church we went to last week, Sonrise Church, http://www.sonrisechurch.info/. It's a great mix of people and just feels like home. I will warn you that this church is very contemporary. Even the Pastors wear jeans and sweaters/sports jackets. Today, well today should have been communion but instead, we did communion last week because the Pastor openly admitted that no one would be focused on communion on Super Bowl Sunday but instead, we'd all be focused on the game. He was right. Chris, Matthew, and I all walked into the santuary and what did we see? Half the congregation wearing their Colts jerseys, sweatshirts, t-shirts, jackets. You name it, they were wearing it. And during the entire service, the Pastor kept referencing that he was almost done because the pre-game show started in so many minutes.

So, I guess this means, we truly are in Colts country huh? Good thing we like them....


No comments:

Post a Comment