Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19













Thursday, February 25, 2010

Could this possibly be a new type of exercise?

I'm sure many of you are wondering what I've been doing to pass the time. Well, lots of stuff!!! I'm getting into a really good routine and have started venturing out to do some volunteer work. Every 1st and 3rd Thursday, I'm going to start rocking babies at our church from 9:30-11:30am. They have a group called MOPS (Mothers Of PreschoolerS) that meet and they need someone to watch the little ones. I can TOTALLY do that. I can rock babies all day long and then send them home with their moms...WONDERFUL! I'm also looking into volunteering at the Animal Center around the corner. I am a little surprised though, in order to volunteer to be a dog walker for a few hours per week, you have to be interviewed and go through training. WHAT? I'm curious to know what type of dogs you could possibly be walking if you need training to do so. However, if I want to be a dog poop scooper...well, no training necessary...but I still have to interview?

Anyway, to fill other time during the week, I focus on the house and family. I'm enjoying the ability to spend the week cleaning the house, and I mean really cleaning. No clutter, no dust, no nothing (Kate would be so proud!). I've even figured out a way to get exercise while I'm doing it. Since I'm home alone, I can ROCK out the stereo and no one is bothered and much to my surprise...the dogs LOVE IT! Everytime I turn the music on and I start to dance around the house, I end up with 2 dancing partners. It's the most hilarious thing you've ever seen. Literally, as soon as the music kicks on, they are up and jumping with me. So, could this be some new type of exercise? They do cause me to work up a sweat! Of course, I could get the cleaning and household chores done in half the time if they weren't so cute! Seriously, who could possibly resist two pups who a jiggling and jiving with you??? What can I say, I'm a sucker for a wet nose...

2 comments:

  1. Might I add that I never, never scoffed at the condition of your house? I can't help it that I'm OCD with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha...I never said you scoffed...I just knew that you (out of anyone else) would appreciate the fact that the house is clean clean clean...OCD, is that what we're calling it? Silly girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete